All refunds to the customer must be through MyDeal, please do not refund the customer directly. The refund will be deducted from your next payment.
Please note that some refunds issued to customers (either fully or partially), will incur a refund administration fee of $1.90 excluding GST. This is designed to cover the expense and costs incurred by MyDeal processing refunds.The refund administration fee is not applicable to all refund types. A refund administration fee will only be incurred for refunds due to:
- Product out of stock;
- Product damaged on arrival;
- Product faulty;
- Product not as described; or
- Dispatch error.
For full refunds and return change of mind refunds, MyDeal will refund our margin to the customer.
If you do not already have an existing correspondence with us, please contact MyDeal to specify the order number, amount to refund and the refund reason. If you have an existing correspondence, simply confirm the refund details in reply.
Instructions for sellers using MyDeal's Zendesk platform:
If you have an existing ticket within Zendesk from the customer, or you have created a Zendesk ticket via the marketplace portal to the customer, you will be able to submit a refund request to MyDeal on that ticket.
- Open the customer ticket to submit a refund request.
- The MyDeal App will be on the right-hand side of the Zendesk ticket. (Note: If you cannot see the MyDeal App, click the Apps button on the top right-hand side of the Zendesk customer ticket.)
- Click 'Refunds'
- Click 'GO'
- Select the Refund Type (Full refund (Item and freight), Item Only, Freight Only, Partial Refund)
- Enter Final Amount to Refund (AUD inc GST). (eg: For a full refund, the amount is the total item cost and the freight if applicable)
- Select the Reason (eg: return-change of mind, lost in post, item damaged/faulty)
- Enter in the Refund Note (please ensure a note is entered to explain the issue briefly)
- Click 'Submit refund to MyDeal to be processed'
Once submitted, the refund submission is final and cannot be cancelled or edited. MyDeal will reply on the ticket as an internal note to confirm once the refund has been processed.
Please see the below video with the steps for submitting a refund on a Zendesk ticket: