To maintain a consistent and positive customer experience on MyDeal, we have strict eligibility and listing criteria which govern the types of products sellers are allowed to list and sell on our platform.
This policy ensures that:
- customers have a consistent and positive experience shopping on MyDeal;
- listings contain clear, accurate information about products so customers can make informed choices;
- listed products meet customer expectations, are safe and comply with relevant Australian laws and mandatory standards.
We allow products to be sold across multiple different product categories, however we do not allow the sale of all products within these categories. In addition all products sold on MyDeal must comply with all of our relevant policies.
Products submitted for sale to MyDeal may be reviewed by us for compliance with this policy and MyDeal reserves the right to remove product listings, particularly where we feel that products do not meet this policy, or may otherwise damage customer trust, safety or quality of experience on MyDeal.
Eligible Products and Categories
We allow sellers to sell products from the following product categories:
- Home & Garden
- Tools & Equipment
- Baby & Kids
- Toys & Games
- Sports & Outdoors
- Health & Beauty
- Clothing & Accessories
- Books & Media
- Arts & Entertainment
- Food, Beverages & Liquor
Ineligible and Prohibited Products and Categories
The following items are either prohibited from our platform altogether, or can be sold subject to certain restrictions that we may determine based on a seller’s individual circumstances, to ensure customer satisfaction and safety. We may also:
- impose additional restrictions on certain sellers based on the products they sell and any associated compliance or safety requirements we may determine;
- add additional products or product categories to the below list over time.
Alcohol can be sold, but you must be licensed to sell alcohol online (unless your sales are exempt from licence requirements in accordance with your local liquor licensing laws) and comply with all Australian Federal and State requirements for the sale of alcohol. We may also prohibit sales of alcohol from overseas.
|Banned products subject to government imposed interim or permanent bans, products that do not comply with mandatory safety standards, or other products products we determine not to allow to be sold for safety or compliance reasons.|
All art sold must comply with intellectual property laws. All prints must be either original works or appropriately licensed. We do not allow the sale of high value works of art.
|Animals and wildlife products – examples include live animals, mounted specimens and ivory.|
Vintage fashion and accessories.
We allow sales of some vintage clothing, handbags or accessories at our discretion but second hand items are generally prohibited.
|Sexual or adult products including sex toys or implements, dolls, pornography, comics, figurines, costumes or other products of sexual nature.|
Packaged, dry and long life foods are acceptable, but we do not allow sales of fresh foods and perishables. We may also limit or restrict dry and long life foods that are within 6 months of a ‘best before’, ‘use by’ or expiry date.
|Used or second hand products of any kind (excluding manufacturer or seller refurbished electronics, certain pre-owned gaming products, or some vintage clothing or accessories).|
Baby & Kids category.
MyDeal allows sales of toys, clothing, cots, prams and other products for babies and children, but there are certain high-risk items we do not allow. All goods you sell must comply with mandatory standards and we may require sellers to demonstrate compliance of these products at any time.
|Currency, coins, stamps or counterfeit currency and stamps.|
MyDeal allows sellers to sell approved refurbished products in select categories. You will need to seek approval from the MyDeal team.
|Credit cards or financial products, contracts, training courses, services.|
Due to compliance requirements, sellers will need to seek approval from the MyDeal team for any products that contain button cell batteries or plug into a power source. We may restrict sellers based outside of Australia from selling any plug in appliances or devices.
|Drugs and drug paraphernalia. This includes pipes, bongs, and other drug taking equipment.|
Therapeutic goods including over the counter medicines, certain medical devices such as heart rate monitors and stability aids.
Sellers must ensure they regulatory requirements regarding the sale of therapeutic goods including making sure products are appropriately registered and that they include mandatory warnings, ARTG numbers or other sale and advertising requirements where necessary.
|Goods from sanctioned countries to which sanctions apply – examples include items from Cuba, North Korea, Syria, or Iran.|
Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines.
Sellers must ensure products can be legally sold in Australia and comply with relevant regulations.
|Event tickets of any kind.|
We only allow sellers within Australia to sell infant formula, and any listings must comply with requirements of the MAIF Agreement.
|Counterfeit products, replica products (excluding certain furniture) or products that infringe third party intellectual property rights.|
|Firearms, weapons and knives – examples include pepper spray, stun guns, swords, flick knives, butterfly knives, batons, cudgels, firearms and replica firearms, but excludes some camping, fishing or kitchen equipment such as multitools, fishing knives, cutlery and chef’s and kitchen knives.|
|Gift cards or stored value cards.|
|Government documents, IDs and licenses.|
|Government and transit items – examples include airplane operations manuals and airline uniforms.|
|Hazardous, restricted or regulated materials – examples include batteries, fireworks and refrigerants.|
|Antiquities, taxidermied animals, or human remains of any kind.|
|Multi-level marketing programs, or products from these programs.|
|Personal relationships and services – examples include dating and escort services, and website traffic – driving services.|
|Police related items such as replica uniforms or badges (but excludes obvious Halloween or other costumes).|
Medicines - Prescription Medicines, Pharmacy Medicines, Pharmacist Only Medicines.
General and Disposable medical supplies
|Surveillance equipment – examples include wiretapping devices and telephone bugging devices (but excludes security cameras).|
|Tobacco or vapes (including vapes not containing nicotine).|
|Travel including flight or cruise tickets, accommodation bookings, tours or related services.|
|Vouchers for goods or services.|
|Subscription services or other services of any kind.|
|Products that may be harmful to animals including shock training collars or glue traps.|
|Customised or personalised products, including custom photobooks, custom prints, embroidered or embossed handbags and similar products.|
|Products containing organic matter like plants or soils.
Product Listing Requirements
Seller listing content should comply with our Marketplace Image & Content Guide. We may refuse to list or remove product listing content that does not comply with the guide. Other listing requirements include:
Sellers must provide accurate details, descriptions and images relating to the product that comply with our data requirements. Descriptions and specifications should include accurate information on products’ sizes, colours and materials, and other specifications customers need to make informed buying decisions.
- Product listing images must meet all required format, size and professional display standards required by MyDeal from time to time.
- Products must be properly categorised to enable our search features to function properly and allow customer to find products relevant to their search queries.
- Sellers must not upload links, email addresses, URLs, or redirects to any other websites in product listings (including your own website).
- To protect our customers, their personal information, their online security and shopping experience all customer communication and product related queries must be directed through our site.
- Listings must be accurate and not misleading. If you are approved to display recommended retail prices, they must comply with our Price Comparison Policy.
- Not uploading listings that do not offer a physical item. Our marketplace is a store for goods and it is prohibited to sell services, vouchers, gift cards or similar items.
- Adding popular keywords in your listings that do not have any relation to your products, or otherwise irrelevant content to artificially alter search results. This creates a poor customer experience by showing products irrelevant to their search. This includes adding brand names as keywords to a product which is not the same as the product being advertised.
- Not uploading duplicate listings of an identical item. Each product can only have one listing.
- Providing accurate dispatch and shipping times. Failure to meet customer’s expectations you set in relation to the dispatch and shipping of their goods can result in complaints, and ultimately refunds, despite you having shipped the goods. It is important you keep customers informed.
Sellers must also maintain the following standards in their Seller Profile Page on MyDeal.com.au:
● Provide a fair and reasonable returns and refund policy that is consistent with our Product Returns and Refund Policy and customer’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
● A Seller must not provide email addresses or contact information of their employees, stores, offices or warehouses. This is to ensure all communication occurs through our platform for customer safety and security and ensuring the customer maintains a ‘MyDeal’ experience.
Other Seller Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to sell on MyDeal.com.au, sellers must also:
- Agree to the Seller Terms and Service Level Agreement.
- Meet the requirements of MyDeal’s relevant policies.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and mandatory standards, be legal to sell and not breach any third party’s intellectual property rights.
- Have possession of stock and/or ownership of goods sold: we do not allow for sellers to utilise third party drop-shippers or other marketplace sellers for product sales.
- Only list and sell products in Australian dollars and not charge in foreign currencies.
- Prospective sellers should have at least two (2) years trading history.
Existing sellers who do not meet these requirements can be subject to account suspensions or terminations. We also reserve the right to reject any sellers from selling on MyDeal at our discretion, particularly where we feel that they may not meet our relevant listing requirements set out in this or any of our other policies, or the Seller Terms.