MyDeal places great importance on product safety, to ensure that our customers can shop with peace of mind. MyDeal does not allow products that could be harmful to customers, have been recalled or are banned by the ACCC.
All MyDeal sellers must comply with the ACCC guidelines and product safety laws. As such, sellers must review Product Safety Australia's 'Selling Online' page to understand the applicable laws.
If a product does not meet the mandatory standards or the product breaches a product ban, it will be removed from MyDeal. Further audits on seller's products will then take place.
To stay up to date on product safety announcements, MyDeal recommends that sellers subscribe to:
- Product Safety Australia - receive email alerts about the applicable product categories
- Safety Gate: Rapid Alert System - receive email alerts about dangerous non-food products
- OECD Global Recalls portal - regularly check the portal for updates on product recalls
- Product Safety Australia Recalls - regularly check the list for updates on product recalls
- Product Safety Australia Product Bans - regularly check the list for updates on banned products