If any of your products have publishing errors you will see a message displayed in the 'Publishing' section on the Account page of the MyDeal App. Example:
In the above example there are two products which have not been listed on MyDeal due to an error with the product information.
How to view and resolve product publishing errors
- In the 'Publishing' section on the Account page, click the link below the warning message ')x) products have publishing errors':
- This will take you to the Products list in your Shopify account with a filter applied: 'Publishing errors on MyDeal.com.au'. Example:
- Open the product and you will see the error details in the 'Product availability' box located in the top right corner. Example:
- To resolve the error you must adjust the product data according to the error feedback then click save. MyDeal will then process the product content update which can take up to 2 hours (price, stock and availability are updated immediately). If the product still has a publishing error after the product update has been processed then the error will be displayed again in your portal.
- Once ALL product errors have been resolved the 'Publishing' section on the Account page of the MyDeal App will display a success message:
|TIP: If you are unable to address the error feedback and you'd like remove the product from being counted in the publishing errors then you can mark the product as unavailable to MyDeal. Learn how to manage product availability here.|
List of possible publishing errors
- Needs SKU.
- SKU must not exceed 100 characters.
- Needs product title.
- Needs description.
- Needs at least one image.
- Brand/Vendor must not exceed 100 characters.
- Option name or value must not exceed 200 characters.
- Variant needs SKU.
- Variant SKU must not exceed 100 characters.
- Variant SKU must be unique for the product.
- Price must be greater than 0.
- All variants must require shipping.
- Product must require shipping.