If you have a large number of products it may be more efficient for you to manage your product availability on MyDeal using the import feature rather than manually selecting products as described here: How to manage product availability on the MyDeal.com.au sales channel
In this alternative method we'll explain how you can use Shopify's import feature to add a tag to all the products you want to update. From there you can filter to find all the tagged products and then bulk select to perform the action to make the products either unavailable or available.
1. Export your products to a CSV file
- Go to the Products page on your Shopify portal
- Click "Export" and select to export all products as a CSV file
2. Edit the CSV file
- Open the CSV file
- Add the tag 'Mydeal' (or any unique tag keyword of your choosing) into the tags column of the products you want to perform the action on.
- NOTE: If you have existing tags then add a comma to separate the tag.
- Once all products are tagged save the CSV file
3. Import the updated CSV file
- Go back to the Products page in your Shopify portal
- Click "Import" and ensure to tick the checkbox to 'Replace any current products that have the same handle. Existing values will be used for any missing columns.' Then click 'Upload file'.
4. Filter and select products
- On the Products page click the 'Filter' dropdown and select 'Tagged with'
- Input the tag keyword which in this example is 'Mydeal' and select 'Add filter'
- Then tick the select all products checkbox (1). If products are going over multiple pages then also click 'Select all 50+ products in this filter' (2) to select all filtered products.
5. Make products available or unavailable
- Click the 'Actions' dropdown and select either 'Make products available' or 'Make products unavailable' depending on your intention.
- For this example we have selected 'Make products available'. From here a pop up will appear where you must tick 'MyDeal.com.au' and then confirm by clicking the 'Make products available' button.
6. DONE! The products will be listed on unlisted accordingly. NOTE:
- Changes can take up to 2 hours to reflect in your MyDeal store.
- If this is the first time the product has been made available to be listed on MyDeal then it must be verified by the MyDeal team and will take from 1-5 business days to appear in your store.