If you need to cancel an order or provide a refund to a customer for any reason you can use the Issue Refund feature available depending on your integration type as per below.
|Full refund||Partial refund|
|MyDeal API, ShopifyApp||via API||via API|
|Channel Advisor||via API||via Seller Portal|
|Other (e.g. Maropost, Magento)||via Seller Portal||via Seller Portal|
NOTE: In the event of a full or partial refund fail notice via API, please proceed to issue your refund via the MyDeal Seller Portal.
Please note: Issuing a refund cannot be undone
How to issue a refund via the Seller Portal:
- Log in to your MyDeal Seller Portal
- Find the order you would like to refund.
Orders can be located by searching the order number using the search box on the Seller Portal Homepage, via the deal's Client List page, Client List: All Customer Orders page available through the My Deals tab, or the Order details page.
- Click the ‘Issue Refund’ button in the order row
- The Issue Refund page will open, displaying the order details. This will include:
- The available amount that can be refunded
- The amount that has already been refunded to date
- In the Refund Amount column edit the values to the amount you want to refund back to the customer.
- The Item and Shipping amounts must be entered separately. By default these values will be displayed as the amount that is available to refund.
- If there is no amount available to refund then the field will be disabled and shown as grey with '0.00'
- If you only want to refund the item then ensure to edit any available shipping amount to '0.00' (or vice-versa if you are only refunding shipping).
- The Total Refund Amount is the amount the customer receives
- The MyDeal commission will be reversed in proportion to the refund amount
- Select a refund ‘Reason’ from the dropdown (required).
NOTE: MyDeal will monitor the refund reasons so it is very important that you select the most appropriate refund reason for reporting.
- Enter in a ‘Refund Note’, this is optional and only view-able to you and MyDeal.
- By default 'Send notification to buyer' is ticked which means the customer will receive an email to notify them of the refund. You can also choose to include a note for the buyer to explain why you are refunding. See example HERE.
- Once you are ready to submit the refund click the ‘Refund $’ button. This will show the total amount you are refunding. Issuing a refund cannot be undone.
- Once the refund has been submitted, a green notification pop-up will advise ‘Refund successfully submitted'.
- If an order is fully refunded (including shipping if applicable) prior to dispatch then the order will be automatically put ‘On Hold’ and removed from your pending order list
- If the order has an Addon payment (Additional freight, redelivery, spare parts), which you need to refund, please see instructions HERE.
- A refund usually takes 3 to 5 business days to be credited back to your customer via their original payment method