As a seller on MyDeal, you must ensure that you are aware of your obligations under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) to report incidents to the ACCC when you become aware of a death, serious injury or illness of any person which was or may have been caused by the use or foreseeable misuse of products you sell on MyDeal.
It is also important that MyDeal is made aware of these incidents in the event that we need assist customers or relevant authorities with investigations.
As a seller on MyDeal, you are required to:
- Comply with your obligations to report deaths, serious injuries and illnesses in accordance with your ACL obligations; and
- Notify MyDeal as soon as you become aware of a reportable death or serious injury relating to a product you have sold on MyDeal.
MyDeal reserves the right to remove any product from its platform that is the subject of a report of a death or serious injury arising from the use of that product. We may also suspend or terminate seller accounts of any sellers who do not comply with this policy.
What is a serious injury or illness?
A serious injury is one that is:
- Acute, that is it onsets quickly or suddenly or is directly and immediately caused by something;
- requires medical or surgical treatment; and
- the treatment is by a doctor or nurse in a hospital, clinic or similar place.
Sellers should refer to the Product Safety Australia website or seek professional advice if they are unsure whether an injury is reportable.