Selling Safe Products
Product safety is of absolute importance to MyDeal. To ensure that our customers are safe and can buy products on MyDeal with peace of mind sellers must ensure that:
- All products that they list and sell on MyDeal comply with any mandatory safety standards that apply in Australia to those types of products;
- Regardless of whether a mandatory standard applies, they do not list and sell any product that could be harmful to customers;
- They do not sell any products that have been recalled or that are banned.
For more information Product Safety, sellers can refer to the Selling Online and Mandatory Standards and pages on the Product Safety Australia website to help understand the applicable laws and standards.
If a product presents a safety risk to customers, a recall may be required. Sellers should refer to Product Safety Australia’s Recalls page for more information on recalls.
If a seller:
- becomes aware of a safety risk or issue with a product; or
- if a recall is initiated with a product,
that they have sold on MyDeal, sellers must immediately notify MyDeal. In addition, MyDeal monitors recalls both in Australia and overseas for products on our platform that may be affected. To stay up to date on product safety announcements, MyDeal recommends that sellers subscribe to:
- Product Safety Australia - receive email alerts about the applicable product categories
- Safety Gate: Rapid Alert System - receive email alerts about dangerous non-food products
- OECD Global Recalls portal - regularly check the portal for updates on product recalls
- Product Safety Australia Recalls - regularly check the list for updates on product recalls
- Product Safety Australia Product Bans - regularly check the list for updates on banned product
Where we become aware of a recall or potential recall, we will work with sellers to ensure customers get all the information they require for the safe and effective conduct of the recall. Sellers must ensure that they take prompt, proactive action in relation to any recall, and that they do not unnecessarily delay any actions where there is a risk to customer’s safety.
Where a product that has been sold on our platform has been recalled, in addition to anything set out in our Seller Terms and Conditions:
- Sellers are required to cease distribution of the impacted products immediately;
- MyDeal will require the seller to immediately remove the product from its platform - for more information, Click Here.
- The seller must take all necessary steps for the conduct of the recall including notifying customers of the recall and providing them with an appropriate remedy - For more information, Click Here.
Sellers are responsible for providing all relevant recall remedies. Sellers should also consider consumer’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law when considering any relevant recall remedy.
Where sellers do not promptly take any of the actions above, or take any action in relation to a potential safety risk that may result in a recall, MyDeal may also take any other actions we reasonably deem necessary to protect our customer’s safety. This includes removing products, contacting customers about the safety risk or recall, and not approving future listings by the seller.
Sellers who sell unsafe products (including products that do not comply with mandatory standards) or do not comply with our recalls policy may have their listings removed or seller accounts suspended or terminated.