As part of our efforts to strengthen security of the MyDeal Marketplace Portal, we have recently introduced a more secure log in method.
The new login method allows each portal user to log in using their own email address and password. Also every user will use Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) to log in.
With this update, sellers can manage users directly - At least one user is assigned the Admin role, and any admin users can invite new users, change admin access for other users, and offboard users. This enables sellers to easily manage who is authorised to access the Seller Portal.
The functionality within the portal has not changed, so you are able to operate as before once logged in.
Role-specific access to different sections of the portal is not yet supported at this stage.
As of 12/2/2024, all users of the MyDeal Marketplace Portal are required to log in using an individual account with their own email address, password and multi-factor authentication.
The old credentials shared by all users within a seller account are no longer valid.
If you have already set up your own individual login account, please login using your new credentials with MFA.
If you have not yet set up your own individual login account with MFA, you need to set one up to gain access to the Seller Portal:
If you were the Primary Contact of the account as of 29/1/2024, please follow the below steps to set up your account:
1. Please locate an invitation email sent from email@example.com as per the below screenshot. The invitation is sent out approximately every 7 days with a renewed invitation link until your account is setup - please complete account set up through the most recent email sent to you.
Please follow the instructions on the below help articles to complete account setup:
2. Once you have created your own account, you can invite any additional portal users to create their own login account as per this help article: Adding New Users for the Seller Portal
- If you are not the Primary Contact of the account, please request an admin user within your seller account for an invitation. If the Primary Contact of the account as of 29/1/2024 has not set up their own login account. they must do so first as per the above steps to set themselves up as an admin user.
I am not able to log in using MFA:
If you have already set up your own individual login account:
- Please ensure to log in with with your own email address and your own password you set up when accepting the invitation. The old credentials shared by all portal users no longer work.
If you have not set up your own individual login account:
- If you were the holder of the Primary Contact for the account as of 29/1/2024- please set up an individual login account as per the above steps.
- If you are not the holder of the Primary Contact for the account - please request an admin user within your seller account for an invitation. If the Primary Contact of the account as of 29/1/2024 has not set up their own login account. they must do so first as per the above steps to set themselves up as an admin user.
I cannot find the invitation email:
The invitation email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line "Welcome to MyDeal Marketplace - Complete Your Account Set Up." Please search all your email inbox including the junk/spam folder.
I have requested a password recovery email but I'm not receiving it:
- Make sure that you have inputted your own individual email address on the password recovery screen. The old email address that was used by all portal users to log in is no longer valid, unless this address has now been set up as a login account to an individual user.
- If a login account has not been created under the email address you are requesting the password recovery for, you will not receive any password recovery instructions. Please log in using the correct email address associated with your own login account, or request the admin user within your seller account for an invitation if your own login account has not yet been created (check out: Adding New Users for the Seller Portal).
If the Primary Contact of my seller account has been updated, will the new Primary Contact receive an invitation for Admin User?
The admin user role is not linked automatically to the Primary Contact for your Seller Account, and the new Primary Contact will not receive an invitation to create an admin user account automatically. Any users can be assigned an admin role by an existing admin role user. If the new Primary Contact needs admin access, this needs to be done manually. For more, please check out: Seller Portal User Management - Assigning/removing admin role for users
If you require assistance, please contact us.