Once you have dispatched an order, you will need to update tracking manually or by uploading a CSV file as detailed below. To edit tracking information, simply overwrite the tracking fields, and upload the CSV file or click "Save" "if you are editing directly in the Marketplace.
- Tracking/Courier details are visible to customers so please input only tracking information in these field. For other notes such as “out of stock,” “delay” you can utilise supplier notes which are private.
- Once you have uploaded tracking information, a dispatch notification email will be sent to the customer. Please do not upload tracking information until the order has been dispatched to avoid confusion for customers.
- Orders will not be processed for payment unless tracking information has been provided correctly in the Marketplace.
- Tracking/Courier details are visible to customers. Supplier notes are private
How to manually add tracking and mark an order as dispatched
Firstly locate the order in your marketplace portal by either:
- Search - input the order number in the search box on the homepage
- Client List Page - go to the My Deals tab (located in the header section) and select ‘View Customers’ next to the specific deal name. This will open the customer list for the product where you can filter by Order No. or Shipping Status to bring up the order.
Secondly, add the tracking details:
- Click the ‘Add Tracking’ button located inside the ‘Shipping Status’ column
- Input the Tracking Number and Courier name into fields and click Save (both fields are required). Please refer to the attached list to obtain the correct Courier name.
- Once tracking has been added successfully:
- The shipping status label will update from ‘Pending Dispatch’ to ‘Dispatched’.
- The customer will receive a notification that their order has been dispatched.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Do not add tracking number and courier information if the order is not dispatched.
- Do not use the tracking number and courier fields for dispatch notes, use the order notes field. Learn more about order notes
- If an order is dispatched without tracking (not recommended) then input the date as the tracking number and enter "no tracking number" in the courier field to mark the order as dispatched.
- You can edit the tracking and courier name at any time. Removing the tracking and courier name completely and clicking save will result in the shipping status changing back to ‘Pending Dispatch’.
CSV upload (Useful when updating multiple orders in bulk):
- Download the CSV file of your pending orders. Instructions available HERE.
- Input the tracking and courier information to the excel sheet. In the columns labelled ‘Tracking Code’ and ‘Courier’ input ONLY the tracking number and name of the courier into the respective columns.
- Save the file in the .csv (comma delimited)
- Upload the CSV file with the tracking via the Deals Quick View on the Marketplace Home page. Click the ‘Choose File’ button (Note: this must be a CSV file).
- Once uploaded, click Import.
- Do not delete any columns or edit column header to avoid upload errors
- You can remove any rows for orders that you do not wish to update
- If you encounter any file upload errors, please check the tips on creating a CSV upload file available HERE.